Wow, I cannot believe Katelyn is 18 months old! We have her 18 month check up at the end of the month so I will post stats then. She also has her professional 18 month pictures coming up this week so I'll make another post with those. I thought I should get a post in know though since she is literally changing DAY BY DAY! She turned 18 months on July 5. I haven't been doing month by month updates since she turned one, but figured this is a big milestone!
Likes:
-Pretend playing.. especially with her kitchen and her "baby". She is good about feeding the baby and bringing it blankets (maybe good training for something someday?!... no surprises here though.. I'm not pregnant yet!)
-Reading.. she's still our little reader. It isn't uncommon for her to sit once a day and look through all her books. It can take her 30 min or so and she will sit nicely the whole time and just read!
-Stuffed animals.. she loves giving kisses and hugs to all her stuffed animals, especially her big teddy bear and big dog.
-Talking... she says alot of words. One of our favorites is "happy"... it's so cute :) She also talks alot of baby talk that we can't discern. This past week she also had her first sentence. She said "mama, bye bye." We were at a restaurant and she wanted to leave. It's amazing how well she communicates!
-Eating.. she is a GREAT eater. There are few things she doesn't like, but the same things seem to top the favorite list: cheese (especially a grilled cheese sandwich), crackers, strawberries, bananas and cookies (animal crackers.)
-Playing outside...she still really likes the park and loves swimming in her little toddler pool. She isn't as big a fan of swimming at the big pool at the gym, but hopefully she'll get more used to that as we are starting swimming lessons this week!
Dislikes:
-Strangers. She is most certainly a cautious little girl. She doesn't warm up quickly and doesn't like strangers. She is very clingy to me and gets nervous if I leave (sometimes even with daddy.) We're working on this, but I think for now, it's just her age and her personality.
-Strangers. She is most certainly a cautious little girl. She doesn't warm up quickly and doesn't like strangers. She is very clingy to me and gets nervous if I leave (sometimes even with daddy.) We're working on this, but I think for now, it's just her age and her personality.
-Getting her nails clipped and filed. Wow, this is like fighting the battles of all battles. She HATES having her hands and feet touched... always has.
On the brink:
-Potty training! I don't think she is ready quite yet, but she's started to appreciate privacy when doing her "business". She'll wander off to a corner, out of my sight (sort of.. .I've always got my eye on her) and complete her duties. I think we'll get some books and start talking about it with her to get her ready for the concept.
See mommy? I'm taking care of the baby!
For Katelyn's 18 month birthday, we bought her a dollhouse. It's super cute and has big pieces which are age appropriate. She loves playing with the mommy, daddy and little baby and opening the front door. Such a little GIRL! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment