Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun in the Badger State!

This past week Katelyn and I traveled to Wisconsin to visit my mom and dad while Ross was out of town for some continuing education classes. We had such a good time! It was non stop from the day we got there to the day we left, but we are so glad we went :) Katelyn had many firsts (some of which are captured below,) including her first plane ride! She did very well. It wasn't easy with just the two of us, but we did well (perhaps mommy's travel experience from work helped a bit!) She slept on the plane ride to WI and back to MI. Everyone on the airplane commented what a little angel she was! Thanks to everyone who helped make our trip so special-especially Grandma Jan and Grandpa Jim who went through a lot of effort to have things for Katelyn to use while she was at their house. We hope to be back soon!

(I'll let Katelyn do the commentary on the photos :) -Fair warning, there are lots of pictures!)


Me and Uncle John
On Sunday (the day we flew in) I got to meet lots of the Streblow family!!! I met my Uncle John and Aunt Katie for the first time! I also met my Great Aunt Sue and Uncle Dave and Great Uncle Steve and his friend Sue. What a fun day! I hardly wanted to take any naps!


On Monday, mommy and I drove to Green Bay to visit mommy's dear friend Marisa and her daughter Evelyn. Evelyn and I had such a nice time playing together and Evelyn was so sweet to share her toys with me! She gave me kisses and even sang me a song!

I was so tuckered out from playing with Evelyn that I needed a nap :) (Which much to mommy's dismay is not something I did alot of in Wisconsin!)


John, Kelly, Tony, Jen, Katelyn

After Miss Marisa's, we drove to Neenah to visit another of mommy's friends, Kelly. I met her two twin boys, John and Tony. John has already proposed to me. This makes daddy very upset though as he says I am too young to be betrothed. Hmmm... I will need to work on him :)

On Tuesday, we went to EAA where Grandma Jan works. She introduced me to all her friends! I met alot of people... it was hard to remember names! I was a little cranky but that is only because I wanted to go to the museum! After I met all Grandma's friends, we went to the museum. You see, my great grandpa Streblow was in WWII and donated his maps to the museum, so Grandma and I took a picture in front of all his maps-it's only too bad I didn't get to meet him :( What a great visit though-watch out EAA, next time I come I might be able to walk!

After EAA, we drove to Madison to visit my "auntie" Stephie :) I like Miss Stephie-she is lots of fun! We watched Baby Mozart together :)


While visiting Auntie Stephie, I got to stay in my first hotel!!!! It was very exciting. Mommy did a great job making it feel just like home with a portable crip and a make shift changing table-wow, what a great mommy I have huh?


On Wednesday and Thursday we had some "down"time at Grandma and Grandpas. I took few naps, but Grandma had borrowed this swing from one of her friends and I really liked it! So, I took a rare nap :)


Another first at Grandma and Grandpas was Joey the dog. Joey is the first dog I've really ever really been around. I wasn't completely sure how I felt about him...

....he liked me though! He couldn't figure out why mommy and Grandma wouldn't let him play with me-after all, I was on his territory-the floor!

Grandma and Grandpa got me lots of cool toys (some of which are a little big for me yet) including this really cool bike! I can't wait to be just a little older to ride it!

They also got me this cool stroller! I was a little small for this too, but we made it work!
I also played piano for the first time (with mommy's help.) Here I am playing Mozarts 5th Symphony... haha, just kidding :)

Grandpa Jim sure is fun! He spun me around on this wheely chair and gave me a new nickname for when I am crying-screaming eagle :)

Whew... what a visit! I was so tuckered out one night that I just fell asleep on Grandma's lap. Thanks for the fun Grandma and Grandpa-I can't wait to see you again soon!
XOXO,
Katelyn

No comments: