
No, I didn't get to meet George Clooney... but on Thursday, Katelyn and I DID make a trip to the ER. The story:
Katelyn and I had plans to meet friends at the zoo. I got there early with Katelyn so she could play at the park at the zoo and tire out a bit before we walked around with the rest of our friends to see the animals. About 2 min after we go to the zoo park (no kidding), I was carrying Katelyn down a park structure and tripped and fell. I didn't fall far, but Katelyn and i both fell to the ground. Katelyn cried right away but she seemed okay. She got up though and couldn't put any pressure on her right leg. I picked her up, calmed her and tried putting her down again. Again she couldn't walk. So I called the pediatrician and they said to take her to the ER to have it examined.
We got into the ER quickly, but the whole process of being there was nearly 3 hours. Katelyn HATES going to the doctor, so this was like one really prolonged Dr.'s visit so there was ALOT of crying. Poor tike. They did an x-ray and everything looked okay and by the time we left she was walking better so they sent us home.
Today (Friday) she is doing better. She still favors her left leg slightly, but I think she probably just tweaked it a little. I'm so glad she is okay, but what a scare!

1 comment:
Oh my goodness honey...that had to be so scary and tiring being at the ER that long. I'm glad that she's doing better today though. Tough little cookie!
Post a Comment