Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall retreats...

Earlier this month, Ross and I each had a weekend to head somewhere while the other stayed home with Katelyn.  Although we love being together, every once in awhile it's nice to have some time apart too :)  The first weekend in October, I headed to a Christian retreat with some of the other moms from my MOPS group at church.  It was an awesome weekend.  Our accomodations were a bit rustic, but it WAS at a camp, so it was to be expected :)  I also was really brave and did the ZIP LINES!  If you don't know what they are, google it and be SHOCKED that I did it because I am afraid of heights!  Very proud of myself.  One of my friends got a video of us doing the zip lines together, but I haven't had a chance to get it from her.  Maybe someday I'll get it up on the blog :)  I didn't get many pictures, but the scenery was beautiful, the speakers were great, and it was wonderful to have time to relax, wind down, and pray :)

My "Hilton".  haha... bunk beds.. sweet!

This was just a bit of what the nature/prayer walk looked like... so peaceful :)

While I was gone, I got this sweet little picture and a text message from my favorite people back at home :)

The second weekend in October, Ross got together for a surprise guys weekend in Ann Arbor with the guys he graduated dental school with from the University of Michigan.  It was the big Michigan vs. MI state game.. and although Ross went to both schools, he is definately a State fan.  And they won!  Ross only took one picture on his phone that weekend... which I think I am grateful for :)  What happens in Ann Arbor stays in Ann Arbor, right boys? :)

No comments: