So the other night, we had quite the funny experience. Two things lead up to this story.
1. Katelyn has recently discovered how to take her shirt off by herself. She typically only does this with shirts that are a little looser and easier for her to manage. She loves to run in the living room, take off her shirt and then run back in the kitchen (where I am) half naked and say "I'm so silly!" it is truly hilarious.
2. For Christmas, one of my gifts was a cast iron pan to cook with. I love the idea of using a cast iron pan because it puts less chemicals into your food. That said, new cast iron pans are a pain in the butt. Everything sticks, the temperature is different, and it is generally more challenging. I know once I "season" my pan it will get easier, but for now I'm still learning and tend to create alot of smoke when I cook (as I half burn the food.)
Well, the other night, Ross came home from work around dinner time (as he usually does.) I typically have dinner ready to go so we can eat right away when he gets home. I try very hard to make sure the house is picked up and everything isn't total chaos when he walks in the door. This night was a different story. Ross walked into a house full of smoke, a fire alarm blasting, and a naked daughter yelling "I'm so silly dada!" I don't think he knew whether to run or simply crack up. what a night!

1 comment:
I love this post....a good ol' "welcome home!"
Post a Comment