Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A little scare...

This past Sunday we had a little scare with baby boy Hock.  I woke up Sunday morning and noticed a fair amount of bleeding and was very concerned.  We headed to the hospital to ensure everything was okay.  The baby was fine, but the doctors were puzzled as to where the bleeding could be coming from.  They had me stay for 4 hours to monitor me.  After 4 hours (even though the bleeding had stopped), they opted to admit me overnight because my contractions were relatively strong and well timed.

The next morning, they finally discovered the problem!  I had a small mass externally that was causing the bleeding.  So, although annoying, it was not the slightest bit harmful to the baby or me.  Whew!

So we headed home and returned to our normal activities... I'll tell you one thing though-when I thought we might deliver him early at 34 weeks, I realized we had lots of things left to do to be ready!  Needless to say, I have been in "nesting" overdrive since Sunday!  Just watch... now that I have everything ready, he'll be a week past his due date.. little stinker :)

No comments: