Monday, October 19, 2009

Playing catch up...

Well the title of this entry has two meanings... 1) I feel like I am catching up on blog entries since it has been awhile since my last entry. Also 2) maybe I haven't had as many entries because I'm too busy playing CATCH UP to my little crawler!!! She's into everything now. Everyone kept saying the day would come, and it is here :) She doesn't move super fast, but fast enough that I can't really take my eyes off her for more than about 5 seconds. That said, she is adorable. You can really see her personality emerging. She is very determined. She'll work hard to get a toy she wants, especially now that she can move. She plays very well by herself (great independence), but loves to have us around too. Katelyn's extremely smiley and good natured... we are truly blessed.

We took her in for her 9 month appointment. She weighed 19 pds 13 ounces (75th percentile) and measured 29 inches long (95th percentile.) As a funny comparison, at 1 year, I weighed 20 pds, 4 ounces and measured 29 1/4 inches. Funny that Katelyn is as big as I was at 1 year, and she is only 9 months!

Other notables: she pulls herself up on everything now. Mostly to her knees. She says "dadada" and "yayayaya." She looks for dropped toys and can switch things from one had to another (she's been doing this for a little awhile.) She loves reading books. She can get things out of her toyboxes by herself now and she ALWAYS goes for her books first. She will sit on my lap for 5-10 minutes and let me read books to her. She still loves music and singing.

We are so blessed :) Enjoy a few pics from the last week or so....

Hi mom! I know you are trying to get something done and that is why you have this bin out, but it really makes a fantastic toy!!!



Duh Duh... Duh Duh... Duh Duh... (sing the Jaws theme in your head... )




Oh, I'm sorry. Am I supposed to be napping?!



Oh thank goodness mom is finally letting me get on the computer. I need to check my email and fantasy football teams...



The exersaucer is almost as fun this way as it is being in it!



Watch out! Here I come!

Peek-a-boo!!!

No comments: