Wednesday, November 11, 2009

and my first word is.....

So, I asked you all to vote and then I didn't post, and didn't post, and didn't post. It seems that whenever I have the video camera, she is not in the mood to talk and when I don't have it, she talks up a storm. So, I'm still aiming to capture it on tape, but for those of you who have been wondering..... her first word is (drum roll please).... DADA :)

She says it when Ross comes home for work (so cute) and sometimes when he leaves in the morning or when he comes in after a nap. It's tough because she also says "dadada" in general baby babble too (which makes it hard to catch on tape.) But we definately know she knows "dada" means her dad.

Now of course, she has made no strides whatsoever towards saying "mama." No mind that i carried her for 9 months, gave birth to her and am with her everyday :) We'll keep working on it.

Stay tuned for a video!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I guess that is the one area the boys get to take claim on...It was at least a month or two later for Evelyn to say mama too. I guess we can't have all the glory.
I can't wait to see the video.