Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmastime!

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year! Every year is special, but this year being Katelyn's first Christmas was so special! We had the opportunity to go to Wisconsin and celebrate with my family, have Christmas with just our family of three, and spend Christmas day with the Hocks! We are so lucky and blessed. Everyone was so generous and I know it really helped to make Katelyn's first Christmas special :)

CHRISTMAS IN WISCONSIN

Every year at Christmas, I always pull out a booklet of old Christmas hymns to play and sing :) It's something my Grandma Klug (my mom's mom) used to do and I love carrying on the tradition. I won't lie, my piano playing leaves something to be desired, but at least I come close. This year, Katelyn helped me play :)


She was a big fan of the piano :)


Grandma and Grandpa's house is cool!!! I love all my new toys. Hmmm, now I just need a cell phone to call all my friends back in MI.


This toy was from "santa". Word on the street is Grandpa helped him pick it out though. Katelyn LOVED this toy. Especially the phone on the front. She loved getting pushed around in it. I know it won't be long before she is walking and pushing it around herself!


OUR FAMILY CHRISTMAS
This year, we spent the weekend before Christmas in Wisconsin and weren't spending Christmas with the Hocks until Christmas day, which meant we all day Christmas Eve to ourselves. We decided to create some new traditions ourselves :)

On Christmas Eve we let Katelyn open a few presents from us. To be honest, we probably could have given her a bunch of paper, ribbon and bows, but we were good parents and bought her tons of books -her favorite :)


Is this a hat mom?


OOH paper!


For Christmas Eve dinner, Ross made a roasted chicken. It was FABULOUS! After dinner, it was off to church.


That night, we put out wine and cookies for Santa. They were gone the next morning.... hope we were Santa's last stop-we don't need any drinking and driving for Santa!!!


CHRISTMAS DAY AT THE HOCKS

All the kiddos getting ready to open their stockings: Cullen, Quinn, Katelyn and Gabrielle



Katelyn digging into a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Hock.



Cool table! What a great Christmas!

No comments: