
A few decorations to put us in the Pooh Bear spirit....

My centerpieces for the tables.... that Pooh never could spell!!!

Ah, the cake. I made the cake and frosting from scratch (no box mix). It certainly does not look like a professional did it, but I was pleased-especially since I made it a double layer cake. (Let's also note that this took me nearly four hours to complete.) The only bad part is that Katelyn did really want to eat any! She was really good for the whole party, but at the end of the night (when we were ready for cake,) she was nearing the end of the rope. Oh well, maybe next year....
Mom with Quinn, Katelyn, Gabrielle.... and the mess.
I think if you would have asked Ross during his bachelor years if he'd ever be wearing a Pooh Bear party hat at age 35, he probably would have laughed. That said, I think this is the cutest family picture :) Besides you can't have a party without hats!
One of the most special parts of Katelyn birthday is that my mom and dad came to visit from Wisconsin. It was great to have them here for a few days and we're so grateful they made the trip for her first birthday :)
AND.... here is one of Katelyn's birthday gifts. A handmade toy box from Grandpa Jim. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! I had "hinted" we might like one, but this blew me away! Thanks Grandpa Jim!



3 comments:
What a great party! You did a great job...and the cake looks so good!
The toy box is so awesome...what a great keepsake that she'll have forever (and will probably pass on someday to her children!!!).
Looks like a perfect one year old birthday party. I love the Pooh cake - Katelyn sure is lucky to have such a great mom!
Way to go mommy and daddy!!! What a great 1st year you've given your little p-bear!! Loved finally catching up on all of your posts. Still haven't gotten to the video, but I will. From Erin's comment, I better have a Kleenex box ready...you know me!
Post a Comment