On Saturday, we went to Ross's parents' house for dinner with the extended family. We got there before Katelyn's nap (as we have many times before) and opted to put her down for a nap there. (If we try to get there after nap, it gets too late.) I was out shopping and Ross put Katelyn down for her nap in the port-a-crib upstairs at his parents' house. They checked on her a few times.. she hadn't fallen asleep yet, but was happily jibber-jabbering in the crib.
All of sudden, Katelyn's cousin Gabrielle looks up to the top of the stairs (the kids were playing downstairs) and says "Hi Katelyn!" Katelyn follows with "Hi everybody! I have cherrios!" (I kid you not.) My child managed to climb out of the port-a-crib, get into her diaper bag, find a baggy of cheerios, make her way out of the room she was in and then offer her snack to her cousins. I wish I could have seen it because I bet is was absolutely hilarious!
Maybe that big girl bed is closer in our future than we thought...

No comments:
Post a Comment