Monday, September 14, 2009

8 Months Old!

What a big girl we have!!! 8 months old! She really is such a good baby and we are so lucky :)

Things she likes:
-Puffs (little cereal puffs she can feed herself), crackers, and anything else she can get in her mouth. (She doesn't have the pincer grasp yet, but is good at grabbing with her whole fist.)
-Stroller rides and swinging
-Trying to crawl (she is really, really close. She can get up on all fours but then when she trys to move, she falls on her tummy.)
-Scooting (mostly on her butt. This is how she gets things in addition to rolling over.)
-Standing up. She needs assistance, but loves this.
-Watching other kids. She's taken a big interest in watching other kids play. This is good because I've started taking her to the gym care center while I work out and she really enjoys it!
-Talking! She says "dadada" and "bababa". I don't think I can count them as first words though as they are just babble and not associated with anything yet as far as we can tell. (I tried to get this on video, but the video isn't as good as I thought. I'll try to get one up soon.)
-Cracking up! She laughs all the time. Everytime I try to capture on camera though, she stops. It's like she knows I'm trying to video tape her!

Things she dislikes:
-Drool rash (I think she's really close to teething and had a pretty bad drool rash for awhile. It's better now though.)
-Cuddling (apparently she is a big girl and would rather move around)
-Sippy cups. She's just not into it.
-Socks and shoes. She does like them, just not on her feet. She'd rather have them in her mouth.

I should crawl over and eat this sign.


Got it!


8 Months old! Hooray!

(P.S. This picture was nearly impossible to get. I cannot imagine next month when she can actually MOVE.)



No comments: