Monday, September 14, 2009

Our First Family Vacation!!!

We did it! Our first family vacation!!! Sorry for the lack of blogging lately... but we've been so busy since we got back from our trip, I've hardly had time to get on and blog. Over Labor Day weekend, we went to the west side of Michigan for a little getaway. We really wanted it to be a family vacation, so we planned on a trip where we knew we'd do alot of exploring and Katelyn could be in her stroller (which she loved.) And I must say, Katelyn was REALLY good the whole vacation. We messed with naps and she was a real trooper. :)

We stayed in Holland, MI. On Friday night we went out to dinner in Holland at the New Holland Brewing Company. I don't have any pics of this, but it was great food, wonderful weather and we sat outside. Very nice.

On Saturday we got up and explored Holland. We went to their farmers market in the morning-it was awesome! One of the best I've ever seen! It even included a chef who did demonstrations-which of course was right up Ross's and my alley! We then walked down to the water (mini lake, not Lake Michigan) and explored. On Saturday afternoon, we went back to the hotel so Katelyn could nap and Ross watched the MI State game (mommy might have napped too.) After naps, it was time for the hotel pool-which Katelyn loved!

On Sunday, we got up and explored Sagautuck, MI. After a few hours there, we drove north to Grand Haven. We heard they had a 2.5 mile boardwalk (and that sounded like good walking while Katelyn could nap.) We also got to walk the beach and put Katelyn's feet in Lake Michigan!

On Saturday and Sunday nights, Shannon (Ross's sister) and her boyfriend, joined us and stayed at the hotel with Katelyn so Ross and I could enjoy a couple of nights out :) We were always back early (because let's face it, Katelyn's getting up at 5:30 no matter what time WE go to bed) but it was really great to get out :)

We left pretty early Monday morning, but it was a great vacation. I'll let Katelyn tell you a little more through pictures ;)


Here's daddy and I at the Holland Farmers Market. Have you ever noticed how many of these things my mom and dad take me to? Geez, I mean how many stands of fruits and vegetables can an 8 month old really enjoy?! No, hehe, actually I really like all the sights and sounds :)


Here is the chef mommy and daddy watched. He showed how to make 4 different recipes with blueberries. Too bad none of them were for baby food :(





You can barely see us, but here is daddy and I ready to walk the boardwalk in Holland. I think mommy was trying to capture the scenary :)



I got a little fussy after so much walking so mom and dad stopped at local park and let me play in the grass. It was so much fun!!!! Daddy taught me all about grass, but wouldn't let me eat it-boo.


After my afternoon nap, I got to go swimming! Yeah fun!!! Mommy I am definately ready for swimming lessons this fall.



Splish splash!


On Sunday, we ate lunch at a local restuarant in Grand Haven that had a whole wall open to the outside (the weather was awesome.) Mommy took me out of my high chair and was playing with me. Mommy, I love you :)


Playing with mom and dad is tiring. I slept as they walked the long boardwalk out into Lake Michigan at Grand Haven.

So, I woke up from my little nap, only to have mom and dad decide to put my feet in REALLY cold water! It was not as nice as the pool or my bath, but I didn't mind too much. There was lots for me to look at. Plus, my mom says my Grandma Jan and Grandpa Jim live on the other side of this big pond. Perhaps after my swimming lessons this fall, I'll be able to swim over there.


Yup, okay mom. I got it. We're on the beach. Enough pics already!


After our long walk, we found a restuarant playing the Tiger game. We saw Brandon Inge hit a grand slam to win the game! Daddy, excuse me, but I am going to need this Tiger hat... I am a really big Tiger fan.


hmmmm... doesn't fit as well as I thought. Oh well!


What a great vacation!
XOXO,
Katelyn

1 comment:

Marisa said...

That's so nice that you guys got away...it looks like a very very fun and relaxing time together as a family :):)
I also love the post of Katelyn sleeping...she is so cute and getting so big!